Before you use The Lending Club
The Lending Club also LendingClub.com is popular in searches for personal, signature and all purpose loans. They are on other sites as well touting 10 best personal loan companies. It is from these sites The Lending Club will obtain your information.
Once contacted, The Lending Club’s Brandon Mark (707) 237-8968, will reference their Better Business Bureau Report which even on their site shows an Excellence rating. Mr. Mark tells you that you have secured a loan with Lending Club and asks if you wish to proceed, then assures potential customers that there are no hidden fees.
If you do not have good credit, you are now informed that you will have to secure insurance from The Lending Club in case of death or loss of job. Once you send them this money through MONEYGRAM, then your loan should arrive within hours.
If you take that leap of faith with Mr. Mark and send this money to Tammy Buchanan in GA, you are asked to wait a few hours to confirm the transaction.
By this time, you will have to call Mr. Mark who claims to have been trying to contact you because the transfer will not go through because the Federal Trade Commission has blocked your Social Security Number. You now must pay Mr. Mark, through MONEYGRAM upwards of $500 to unblock your Social Security Number so you can get the money transferred to your account. If you decide to back out of this transaction, you lose any money you have already given to The Lending Club. You are also told that you cannot contact The Federal Trade Commission. “It’s a big place and you will never find Mr. John Fleming, their site liaison.
I spoke to “ Nick“ of the Federal Trade Commission and they had this to say:
“We have nothing to do with blocking anyone’s social security numbers or bank accounts for any business for a fee.”
So they do not block personal Social Security Numbers
I suspect this:
The Lending Club is utilizing Google Analytics and SEO tactics to promote a positive image of this company. This is causing a de-indexing of negative reports on this company’s practices, tricking the consumer into believing they are a good, reputable company that doesn’t charge fees for their lending practices.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
So if you are planning on utilizing The Lending Club, and you do not have good credit, please do more research than the first page of Google Searches. This is a predatory lending company.
If you have had unfavorable dealings with The Lending Club, please leave your experience here. More people need to see them.
Thanks for watching and be safe out there!
More Review Details
What I liked
- Concept of peer to peer lending
What I disliked
- Implied second fee to ftc verifed as false
- Reason of review:
- More than one fee to get loan
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lending Club Loan
- Review category
- Loans and Mortgages
You May Also Like
- "I am totally surprised and disappointed by all the negative comments about NACA. I have been a Realtor for over 14 years and I have worked the NACA program the..."
- " Victim Struggles To Survive Bottom feeders fed off victims, aiding predator to seek new flesh. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PRLog (Press Release) â€“ Jul 13, 2010 â€“ Michael Grissom was being..."
- "Before you use The Lending Club The Lending Club also LendingClub.com is popular in searches for personal, signature and all purpose loans. They are on other sites as well touting 10..."
- "SFR Shops LLC or leatherfurniturecenter.com sold damaged goods, did not uphold delivery date, blamed the shipping company, would not return inquiries in a timely manner, lied and stated we would..."
- "THEY ARE THIEVES! THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY! I ordered a Paypower cardonline and decided to put $4000 to the account fo my trip that I was planning on for over..."
- "ISHRS is a DISGRACE!!International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery is a DISGRACE!! This is a NON-COMMERCIAL posting/website. Any statements I make below are my own opinion. For reasons described below, the..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."
- "Do not purchase anything from buysquad!!!! They're very unprofessional and not on point. I purchased a 70 inch flatscreen from them and paid for the express delivery which should've had..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."