35.1K views

I did everything they asked and had a credit score of 673 which is average but close to good. I have worked hard to restore my credit and believed them when they said I was "pre-approved".

I asked for a minimum debt consolidation amount, and over 40 people agreed to fund me.

Then Lending Club erased all the commitments and said my credit was not good enough.

I am pissed because I am trying to do the right thing, followed their rules, gave them accurate information, and was sucked into the pre-approved thing and an email that said, "YOUR LOAN HAS BEEN FUNDED!" Bunch of liars! Work harder, find money elsewhere and forget this sorry bunch of scammers.

Review about: Lending Club Loan.

Comments

LendingClub1
San Francisco, California, United States #874761

Thank you for your feedback. We understand you were disappointed by your experience.

We use information provided by credit bureaus, including credit score, outstanding debt, payment history, and recent credit activity, to identify potential borrowers, and send pre-approved loan offers based on those criteria.

At time of application, we ask for other important information, such as income and employment status.

Because several weeks pass between the pre-screening process and the application, we also request updated information from the credit bureaus.

Both sets of information are used to determine if an applicant qualifies for a loan offer. Common reasons for being declined for a loan after receiving a pre-approved offer are that an applicant’s current outstanding debt is too high relative to their income or that changes have occurred in their credit report since pre-screening.

Please note that the pre-screening process and loan application do not affect credit scores, because neither action is reported to credit bureaus as a hard credit inquiry.

If you have further questions, please contact us at 888 596 3157 between 6:00am–5:00pm PST, Monday – Saturday.