34.4K views

I received a letter in the mail stating I was pre-approved.I didn't need the loan, but thought putting my 2 credit cards on one payment that would be automatically paid from my checking account would be nice.

I looked online first for reviews about LendingClub. The reviews were mixed, but there were a lot of them stating LendingClub would not communicate with you and that they would remove your loan approval without letting you know. Most of the reviews I seen were older ones, so I took a chance hoping by now they had improved their costumer service by now. I was wrong.

First it said online I was approved for a loan almost 3 weeks ago for $X amount. I didn't need that much and it gave me different choices for lesser amounts. I submitted everything they asked for right away and sat around waiting for the loan to get deposited like they said it would. I kept checking to see what the status was online, and it just said the next step would be for the money to get deposited into my account.

Well today the status online was changed to "removed". So like all the other reviews I seen, not only do they not communicate with you, but yes, they also will remove your loan approval without letting you know. Just a simple generic email stating it was removed would've been nice and halfway professional.

It is not worth the headache of dealing with this company and just a waste of time.Luckily I did not need the loan from them so no loss for me, but if you are in the position of needing a loan and need the money ASAP, steer clear of LendingClub and go through your local bank/credit union where not only will they communicate with you, but where you'll get the money you need within a reasonable timeframe.

Review about: Lending Club Loan.

Had an Experience with Lending Club?

Comments

Laguna Hills, California, United States #915435

I seen? dumb hick.

Hayward, California, United States #908864

I went through exactly the same thing...im furious!Now they have all my perso nail information.

I feel like this company is NOT legit.BEWARE people...dont do it!

LendingClub1
San Francisco, California, United States #908793

Hi, we're sorry to hear that you had this experience.

We want to connect but don't have a way to reach you. Could you please call our Member Support line at 888-596-3157 or send an email to support@lendingclub.com with a number or email address where we can reach you? We're staffed 6 AM to 5 PM PST, Monday through Saturday.

Thanks, Lending Club