Got approved for 9500 personal loan...to avoid paying insurance they sent me 458 and asked for 450 back in itune cards....DONE.....then sent me 419 more and needed 400 back in itune cards for admin fees.....both checks they sent me were fraudulent so my bank sent them back PLUS deleted the 850 from my account....I called lending club and asked wtf they said it was because I needed to pay 400 more for taxes on my loan......WTF????? I've never heard of paying taxes on a loan......they won't send the loan until I pay the taxes....So I'm out the loan...and 1600 that was taken out of my account!!!!

I called them crooks and they hung up on me......Jonathan Taylor and Joe Andrews.......both with Asian accents.... 303-325-3379

Review about: Lending Club Debt Consolidation Loan.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

You must be kidding me. You were not taken by Lending Tree or anyone legit.

If they didn't get you on this scam, they would have caught you up on the someone you know is in jail and you need to get gift cards to get them out.

You will not be getting a Lending Tree loan because this is a scam. Google it up.

May 10, 2016

by Amy Hebert

Consumer Education Specialist, FTC

One thing we know about scammers — they want money, and they want it fast. That’s why, whatever the con they’re running, they usually ask people to pay a certain way. They want to make it easy for themselves to get the money — and nearly impossible for you to get it back.

Their latest method? iTunes gift cards. To convince you to pay, they might pretend to be with the IRS and say you’ll be arrested if you don’t pay back taxes right now. Or pose as a family member or online love interest who needs your help fast.

But as soon as you put money on a card and share the code with them, the money’s gone for good. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2016/05/scammers-push-people-pay-itunes-gift-cards