Lending Club - Review in Loans and Mortgages category from Santa Ana, California

I am so hurt.I had an emergency and had to relocate me and my children and applied for a loan and was approved even though I was uncomfortable with giving them access to my online acct info.

I gave it. But changed it right after the call. And got a call from BoA saying it was fraud and our banking realationship is over! What I said I have had a account with you since I was 5 and I'm almost 40!

And I am a victim why punish me! WTF! We aren't warned not to do this and that. You are suppose to detect it catch it and protect us from fraud.

How you going to treat us like the dam criminals who are targeting us ! S she said it's been decided how by who ? U should investigate thing like this first. I am not out bouncing checks etc etc.

you know there's books out here targeting us.

That's why u have the dam job !I'm going in the bank and getting my account back opened theses ppl watched me grow up know my parents and siblings GTF outta here.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Interest Rate

Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Review category
Loans and Mortgages
review #926158 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lending Club? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 05 #1222928 Anaheim, California

We're sorry this happened to you and encourage you to report this to the authorities. Unfortunately, it seems you were the victim of an ongoing scheme where the Lending Club name is used by fraudsters who have no affiliation with Lending Club. We became aware of this several months ago and have met with the United States Secret Service here in San Francisco, as well as filed complaints with the FBI and FTC (FBI Complaint Id: I1309251131004212, FTC Complaint Id: 48697737). We recommend you to add your voice to these complaints. We also posted a blog post to alert consumers and share tips for staying safe that you can read here: http://blog.lendingclub.com/protect-online-scams-swindles/ We don't know how the fraudsters became aware of you but what we've seen in the past is that they contact the victim using the Lending Club name or a variation of Lending Club. They promise the victim that they can obtain a loan through Lending Club by paying an application fee. Funds are usually transferred to the fraudsters through the use of a Green Dot or Vanilla Visa card (or similar device). Lending Club has no relationship with these companies. The people you spoke with were part of the fraud scheme, and were not affiliated with Lending Club, and the money you sent was not sent to Lending Club but likely was delivered directly to the fraudsters. --Lending Club

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lending Club. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lending Club.
Filing a new complaint about