Lending Club - Dishonest and discriminated against me

I applied for a personal loan to pay off 2 credit cards, I was approved, I submitted all requested paperwork.While they reviewed my yearly earnings they made the mistake on confirming my income and said I lied on my application.

I proved them wrong, they told me they where sorry and would make good for there mistake. I resubmitted the application per their request . They denied my loan. After three weeks of getting the run around I gave up.

They made my credit drop 40 points during this 3 week fiasco.And that was the reason they claimed they couldn't approve my loan which was already approved 3 weeks prior.

review #384060
101 22 Helpful?
Had the same issue5 Comments6
Had an experience with Lending Club?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
Clayt

Dec 30, 2013 #766017 Casper, Wyoming

About the only way I can imagine that your credit score could drop 40 points is if you didn't make the payments on your credit cards and they both reported you as delinquent. Late payments can quickly slaughter your credit.

Bizmanager

Jun 27, 2013 #670255 Phoenix, Arizona

I think the people making comments on this are correct, but their points are totally irrelevant. It's not about the technicality of the issue, it's about the customer service the complainer received which IMO was poor. A credible company would go through much larger lengths to correct any errors it makes. The complainer's loan was approved before their mistake and should have bent their own rules if they needed to so they could "take care of their customer." Now they lost at least two potential paying customers because I will probably steer away from companies like this.

lol

May 31, 2013 #658609 Branson, Missouri

there is no way your credit score drops 40 points for a inquiry, an inquiry in your credit would be about 5 points.

Betteryeti

May 13, 2013 #650189 Los Angeles, California

Please provide documentation of your 40 point credit score drop caused by LC. Doesn't sound plausible.

curious george

Feb 17, 2013 #610263 Minneapolis, Minnesota

Did you by chance kept recording of your conversation over the phone between you and the Lending Club?

curious george

Feb 17, 2013 #610256 Minneapolis, Minnesota

Where did you obtain your credit score and history from?

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lending Club.
Filing a new complaint about
×